Rules and regulations
It is very important that you and your dog follow the rules. These rules have been established to assure the safety of all dogs and dog owners who enter the park.
- Bourbon City Bark Park is only open from daylight until dusk.
- Entry into the dog park is at the risk of dog owners or handlers. Dog owners or handlers are responsible and liable for any damage to property, persons, or other animals caused by their dogs.
- All dogs must remain on leash until they are inside the dog park. The official dog park tag must be displayed on the dog(s) at all times. Choke, pinch, studded, and chain collars, as well as gentle leaders, must be removed upon entering the dog park.
- Dog owners or handlers shall not have more than three dogs in the dog park at any one time. All dogs shall be accompanied and supervised by an adult owner or handler at all times. Dog owner or handlers shall remove their dog(s) at the first sign of aggressive behavior.
- All owners or handlers must keep their dog(s) within their line-of-sight to maintain control of their animals.
- The small dog area is limited to dogs weighing less than 30 pounds. If small dog owners are comfortable letting their small dog play in the main area, they may do so.
- All dogs must have current Rabies, Distemper, Parvo, and Bordetella (kennel cough) vaccinations. A Rabies tag must be worn and displayed by all dogs at all times. It is also recommended that dogs be on a flea and heartworm preventative medication.
- Do not bring a dog into the dog park that you know to be ill with a viral infection (kennel cough, Parvo, Distemper), a parasitic infection (worms, fleas, ticks), or has any open wounds.
- All owners or handlers must pick up any waste left by their dog(s) to ensure cleanliness and to avoid potential health risks. Failure to do so may result in the loss of park privileges. Bags have been provided so please help keep your Dog Park clean.
- Children, under the age of 10 are not allowed inside the dog park. Children between the ages of 10 and 15 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Food (both human and canine varieties) and glass containers are not allowed in the dog park. Smoking or Alcohol is also prohibited within the dog park. Please place all litter into the provided trash receptacles.
- Dogs under 6 months of age are not permitted in the dog park. This if for their own safety, as puppies under 6 months of age usually do not have fully developed immune systems and have not completed a full program of vaccinations.
- Female dogs in heat may not enter the park.
- Dogs, owners, and park users creating a disturbance or violating posted rules must immediately leave the dog park if requested by BCBP officials, law enforcement personnel, park personnel, or their designated agents. Persistent violation of rules can result in revocation of park privileges.
- Members of BCBP Board of Directors reserve the right to close the park at their discretion.
Enjoy your time with your furry companion! This Park promotes health for body, mind and soul of the human and his loving companion dog.